Friday, March 30, 2012

Loss of Decimals Upon Link to Access

Hi. I have an Access DB that's linked to a SQL DB view. The SQL view is base
d
on a table which has some data types as float. I created a view on the table
.
The view shows me units of a product divided by units of all products. The
results are expressed in the view as decimals. So, for example, .499857. Thi
s
is what I want. However, when I link the view to Access, all of my decimals
become zero. For example, .499857 becomes 0. I'm completely confounded. Any
suggestions would be fantastic! Thanks!If the SQL view is correct and you can use Query Analyzer to
view the results and they are as expected then this is more
of any MS Access issue. Make sure you have the latest Jet
service pack installed on the client.
But this is more of an Access issue so you would want to try
posting in one of the Access newsgroups. When posting your
question, be sure to include versions (version of SQL
Server, version of Access), what service packs you are
using.
-Sue
On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 08:11:02 -0700, Mike C
<MikeC@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi. I have an Access DB that's linked to a SQL DB view. The SQL view is bas
ed
>on a table which has some data types as float. I created a view on the tabl
e.
>The view shows me units of a product divided by units of all products. The
>results are expressed in the view as decimals. So, for example, .499857. Th
is
>is what I want. However, when I link the view to Access, all of my decimals
>become zero. For example, .499857 becomes 0. I'm completely confounded. Any
>suggestions would be fantastic! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment