Monday, March 26, 2012

looping through recordset

hello,
i have a select query that returns multiple rows (within a cursor). How do i loop through the rows to process it (in a stored proc)? I donot want to use nested cursors. a code sample is requested.
thanks!Usually a cursor is created to process multiple rows (unless you developed a passion for cursors and would like to create one for 1 row).

Have you looked at FETCH NEXT?|||Well, the situation is somethin like this. I am using a cursor that returns multiple rows, within the while @.@.FETCH_STATUS = 0, I have another sql select that returns multiple rows for every row the cursor is processing. I would want to process every row returned in the inner select query. Do I have an option other than using nested cursors? Any help is appreciated.|||If you post the code maybe we can get rid of the cursor.

No comments:

Post a Comment