Friday, March 30, 2012

Losing double quotes?

Hi,

I have written a little bit of VB.NET code that basically takes three strings, transforms them, and returns a single string to be stored in my table.

I am running into a strange problem, however... for some reason, a number of my processed rows are missing a pair of double quotes (").

The vast majority of the records are formatted properly, and have the double quotes in the expected locations.

The most frustrating thing about it is that I have included the offensive input strings in my Test.sql test script, and when I step through the entire routine, the return value is perfect...

i apologize for being the worst ever at posting questions here, please let me know if i can add anything

Could you please post your code, its hard to uess what is goind wron without seeing your code.

Jens K. Suessmeyer

http://www.sqlserver2005.de

|||

it is over 500 lines, but i could certainly post it once i get to work...

in the meantime, however, perhaps this might be useful:

I set a breakpoint at my function's final return statement and have observed the return value as follows:

Author of "Some random book." Thoughts and frustrations. Publisher: Me (San Diego). Published in 2007.

This is how I'd like, and expect, the value to appear in my database, but after SELECTING the particular row, I get:

Author of Some random book. Thoughts and frustrations. Publisher: Me (San Diego). Published in 2007.

I doubt this is much more revealing, and will be happy to post my code later, if thought to be any help.

|||

Another thing to add (probably useless):

The problem only occurs during an UPDATE. If I do:

SELECT dbo.EventBuilder([Title], [Author], [Published]) FROM MyTable

I get the correct output.

...getting desperate here

|||

Check your database hold the same result.

I can't able to understand where & what is your problem occurs..

No comments:

Post a Comment