Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Loosing Bold when exporting to Excel

Hi,
I have a report that bolds font in a table cell based on an expression.
This works fine when I browse the report in reporting services. When I
export the report to Excel - all of the bold text returns to normal weight
text. Any ideas to get around this?
Thanks,
MelissaMelissa, this seems to be a hot topic this week!
I've seen three other posts on this already. This is the same as the
Excel font colour from expressions problem.
Whatever formatting the first cell evaluates too, the whole column is
set too. As far as I can tell, there is no way round this.
I've raised it as a bug with MS
Chris
Melissa wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a report that bolds font in a table cell based on an
> expression. This works fine when I browse the report in reporting
> services. When I export the report to Excel - all of the bold text
> returns to normal weight text. Any ideas to get around this?
> Thanks,
> Melissa|||Thanks Chris for the response!
Melissa
"Chris McGuigan" wrote:
> Melissa, this seems to be a hot topic this week!
> I've seen three other posts on this already. This is the same as the
> Excel font colour from expressions problem.
> Whatever formatting the first cell evaluates too, the whole column is
> set too. As far as I can tell, there is no way round this.
> I've raised it as a bug with MS
> Chris
> Melissa wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a report that bolds font in a table cell based on an
> > expression. This works fine when I browse the report in reporting
> > services. When I export the report to Excel - all of the bold text
> > returns to normal weight text. Any ideas to get around this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Melissa
>

No comments:

Post a Comment