Friday, March 30, 2012

Losing Format When Exporting to PDF

I have a report with a table. Some of the table header columns are
multi-worded and wrap on to a second line. For the table header columns that
are not multi-worded, I want the text to appear on the second line and not
the first line which is the default.
If I use the vbscript function â'vbcrlfâ', it renders perfectly in HTML.
However, I want to render in PDF and for some reason when it renders in PDF
the renderer is ignoring that particular formatting and so the single-worded
column text appears on the first line.
Any ideaâ's?
--
MikeOn Dec 10, 1:49 pm, Mike DeYoung
<MikeDeYo...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have a report with a table. Some of the table header columns are
> multi-worded and wrap on to a second line. For the table header columns that
> are not multi-worded, I want the text to appear on the second line and not
> the first line which is the default.
> If I use the vbscript function "vbcrlf", it renders perfectly in HTML.
> However, I want to render in PDF and for some reason when it renders in PDF
> the renderer is ignoring that particular formatting and so the single-worded
> column text appears on the first line.
> Any idea's?
> --
> Mike
If I'm understand you correctly, you should be able to set the
vertical alignment of the table header column via selecting the header
row on the left-hand-side of the table control, then select F4 (for
the Properties window) and to the right of 'Vertical Align' select
'Bottom.' Hope this helps.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant|||Thank you Enrique.
--
Mike
"EMartinez" wrote:
> On Dec 10, 1:49 pm, Mike DeYoung
> <MikeDeYo...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I have a report with a table. Some of the table header columns are
> > multi-worded and wrap on to a second line. For the table header columns that
> > are not multi-worded, I want the text to appear on the second line and not
> > the first line which is the default.
> >
> > If I use the vbscript function "vbcrlf", it renders perfectly in HTML.
> > However, I want to render in PDF and for some reason when it renders in PDF
> > the renderer is ignoring that particular formatting and so the single-worded
> > column text appears on the first line.
> >
> > Any idea's?
> >
> > --
> > Mike
>
> If I'm understand you correctly, you should be able to set the
> vertical alignment of the table header column via selecting the header
> row on the left-hand-side of the table control, then select F4 (for
> the Properties window) and to the right of 'Vertical Align' select
> 'Bottom.' Hope this helps.
> Regards,
> Enrique Martinez
> Sr. Software Consultant
>|||On Dec 11, 7:31 am, Mike DeYoung
<MikeDeYo...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thank you Enrique.
> --
> Mike
> "EMartinez" wrote:
> > On Dec 10, 1:49 pm, Mike DeYoung
> > <MikeDeYo...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > I have a report with a table. Some of the table header columns are
> > > multi-worded and wrap on to a second line. For the table header columns that
> > > are not multi-worded, I want the text to appear on the second line and not
> > > the first line which is the default.
> > > If I use the vbscript function "vbcrlf", it renders perfectly in HTML.
> > > However, I want to render in PDF and for some reason when it renders in PDF
> > > the renderer is ignoring that particular formatting and so the single-worded
> > > column text appears on the first line.
> > > Any idea's?
> > > --
> > > Mike
> > If I'm understand you correctly, you should be able to set the
> > vertical alignment of the table header column via selecting the header
> > row on the left-hand-side of the table control, then select F4 (for
> > the Properties window) and to the right of 'Vertical Align' select
> > 'Bottom.' Hope this helps.
> > Regards,
> > Enrique Martinez
> > Sr. Software Consultant
You're welcome. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment