Wednesday, March 28, 2012

loosing values when load from text file

When loading a table in a data flow from a text file that contains non-null float values, I am seeing erratic and inconsistent results. I am presently using SQL Server Destination in a data flow.

- With low volumnes of data, less that 50,000 rows, no problems

- But with higher volumnes, 2,000,000+ rows, I get different results depending on how I run the package. If I run is directly (right-click and click on Execute), I get the expected result.

But if I use SQL Server Agent to run the package, half of the values are lost and nulls are loaded instead. I have inspected the into text file and there are few rows with null for the column.

Any help would be appreciated!

Greg

>>>- With low volumnes of data, less that 50,000 rows, no problems

Did you have success using both BIDS and SQL Agent for the 50K load?

>>>- But with higher volumnes, 2,000,000+ rows, I get different results depending on how I run the package.

While using SQL Agent did you chose the Command subsystem and use dtexec or the SSIS subsystem?

No comments:

Post a Comment